Daily Express Owner Operator Qualifications
At Daily Express, we require a superior safety record and closely examine each applicant’s experience and qualifications.
AGE: Minimum age 23 years old.
- 12 months of recent, verifiable, OTR or Regional experience with a semi-tractor
- 6 months of verifiable flatbed, stepdeck, or lowboy trailer experience.
- Oversize load experience is preferred, but not required. We examine recent, verifiable oversize load experience prior to qualifying new drivers to pull over-dimensional loads and specialized trailers. Our Safety Department qualifies each applicant for specialized trailers and specific oversize load dimensions based on their proven background and recent, verifiable experience.
- CDL issued by your home state.
- Triples Endorsement and LCV certification are required to pull multi-axle trailer combinations.
- No more than 3 moving violations during the 36 month period prior to the date of application- or
- No more than 2 preventable “at-fault” accidents and more than 1 moving violation during the 36 month period prior to the date of application- or
- No more than 2 moving violations and 1 preventable “at-fault” accident during the 36 month period prior to the date of application.
TWIC: TWIC cards are required: Click here to find your local TWIC application site
*These are general guidelines for driver qualifications and should not be interpreted as final company policy regarding driver qualifications.